Saturday, March 7, 2009

EDM310Fall Podcasts

I listened to two podcasts from the EDM310 Fall class. Since I have yet to do my podcast, I don't want to be too critical about these ladies doing their assignments. I listened to Ashley, Brooke and Kimberly talk about "Blogs Used in Classrooms". I am sure these are wonderful ladies and I am sure they were nervous, but it sounded like they were reading something that they didn't write. It was a little boring and monotonous. I am aware that we barely know the person we are speaking with and it is difficult to have a fun upbeat conversation about blogs, but I needed some feeling in their voices. I was ready for it to be over. Sorry!
The next podcast I listened to was "Distant Learning in Alabama: Alex and ACCESS with Susan, Bridget and Angela. Maybe this topic was more interesting to me, but this podcast was short, to the point and not so boring. The first woman who spoke did have a difficult time pronouncing words. (At one point, she almost said a naughty word. Which was funny!)They had some important information that made me excited about going to a high school and checking ACCESS out. All three ladies seemed to make different points about these websites.
I hope when I do my podcast, I will sound a little more excited about my topic and I wish we could have some music. The professional podcasts were more entertaining because they just said what was on their minds, it didn't seem so scripted. And of course they are professionals! I will try to keep you awake during my podcast!!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent points Lynda. Practice, Practice... Your voices says a lot about you. We are going to have music at the beginning and the ending of our podcast. I look forward to hearing your podcast tonight.

    ReplyDelete