Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Advantages of ALEX

ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange) is the perfect tool for all teachers and students . Once you enter the world of ALEX, you can access an amazing amount of tools for teaching a large majority of subjects. The courses of study available are; Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Drivers Education, Technology, Foreign Language and Careers. There are lesson plans written on each COS for grades K- 12. There is a link for Professional Development Opportunities and Grant opportunities for teachers. There is a link for Library Media and Technology Initiatives. Within all of the links are various websights that link you with more information than you could ever imagine. It is a very user-friendly websight.
ALEX will be extemely helpful to me as I enter teaching. I am always looking for interesting ways to challenge myself and the students I now work with. The way the links correspond with one another will be a great help in locating information quickly. The opportunities it provides to students as well as teachers is timeserving to the overworked educator. I will definitely use ALEX when I am lucky enough to have my own classroom. Many computers in classrooms today are very restricted on content. Hopefully, ALEX will allow teachers to view critical teaching information and share it with the students.

1 comment: