Friday, April 24, 2009

Things I Learned in EDM 310

Have I learned anything from this class? First off, I need to say that I am not very computer savvy and I have to fight my two teenage daughters for a little time on our home computer. With that said, I think I have come a long way in EDM 310. I do not have Facebook or MySpace. I do check my daughter's MySpace every now and then, yet I have no desire to put all my feelings out there on a daily basis for everyone in the world to read. I'm just not interested in the computer for those reasons. But back on the subject of this blog, I actually learned a great deal from this class.
I learned to post blogs and that is pretty cool. I have had an electronic conversation with a teacher in Indonesia. That was very interesting to be able to share ideas with someone so far away. I also created my first PowerPoint presentation and even though I didn't do it very well, I enjoyed it and can't wait to do another one. I never knew podcasts and video podcasts existed on certain subjects. Those will be a great teaching tool for a variety of lessons. I figured out that video podcasts kept my attention better than just listening to a podcast and I am assuming most of my classmates will agree. Making a podcast was an experience that I would like to do again, with more time and practice.
I wish I could afford to purchase Word2007 , but at the moment I am stuck with a much older version that is nothing like the newer version. That worries me when it comes to the final exam.
This class has been a great learning experience and I am sure I will take this knowledge and put it to good use in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment